Who is Alan Carter?
- 50 years in the antiques industry
- First learned the trade in London's famed Portobello Road
- Became one of Southern England's largest international antique shippers
- Introduced the first Australian Price Guide in 1985
- Owned and published Australia's first-ever antiques magazine (established in 1981)
- Originated the Giant Antiques Fairs circuit in the 1980s
- Producer and host of more than 20 videos and DVDs on antiques and collectables
- Publisher and/or editor of more than 43 books on antiques and collectables (including Price Guides produced consecutively from 1985 to 2008)
- Host of ABC TV's programme Treasure Hunt
- Has appeared as an antiques expert on Collectors (ABC), Good Morning Australia (Channel 9), The Morning Show (Channel 7) and numerous regional television stations
- Regular antiques expert for several ABC Radio programmes
- Regular speaker at Rotary and Probus groups
- Invited speaker at the Society of Editors, Flower Ladies of St Mary's Cathedral and Sydney Mechanics School of Arts
- Regular invited Guest Opener at antiques fairs, centres and shops across Australia
One of Australia's most experienced 'faces' in the antiques industry, Alan has scrutinised every single item appearing within the pages of his books. If it's information on antiques and collectables you're looking for - you can trust the experience, principles, fun and enthusiasm of Alan Carter.
Why do people think the Alan Carter Price Guides are the best?
'Alan's books have great credibility' - Jill R.
'I can trust Alan's experience' - Dennis R.
'Apart from the fact that there's more in them, they're well-produced and accurate, they increase in value and I get a free mini edition!' - Dave M.
'Alan is very passionate about producing good books' - Ingrid S.
'The Carter Family produces superior publications' - Neil R.
'I really prefer Alan's books, they're terrific in all ways' - Dawn R.
'I much prefer the layouts, it's like looking through a big shop' - Jan K.
'Everything is so easy to see, and they're so colourful' - May F.
'I like the fact that the books are produced by real people, not computers' - Craig O'T.
'There's just no comparison, they're the tops' - Margaret A.